Last Wednesday, I turned the grand old age of 29, and thus entered my final year of being in my ‘twenties’. There’s still a bit of a stigma attached to women turning thirty (not so much men, the focus for them seems to be turning 40), and I won’t lie, it’s had me feeling a bit rubbish as the milestone birthday looms ever closer.
In a bid to avoid any life crisis from happening this time next year, I decided a little while ago that I would attempt to complete a ‘30 before 30’ list, to ensure I had lots checked off my bucket list before my 30th birthday.
I actually started the list around January this year, but I wanted to wait to share it at the year to go mark. I know traditionally the list is meant to include all new goals to tick off your list, but I’ve already achieved a few achievements that I felt deserved a place on here, so I’ve kept them on it. There are also some things I knew I would be doing already this year, and then several goals I’ve had in the back of my mind and have decided to put down in an attempt to actually finally get them done.
You’ll notice that none of the goals on my list are very daring. I’m not a daring person these days, and the things I have done which have pushed me out of my comfort zone were not enjoyable. This list isn’t about pushing my boundaries, or doing anything crazy (there’s always the next list for that), but for things I’ve been meaning to do but haven’t, and things that will ultimately improve my life and have me starting the next decade the best I can be.
I won’t go into detail on all of them in this post, but I’ll be blogging about some of them, and I’ll come back and add in links to these posts, and any notes as I go along to keep you all updated….
- Own our family home
- Get my 10th (and potentially final) tattoo
- Watch (and photograph) a sunrise and sunset
- Fight my fears and go on another long haul flight
- Go on a cruise
- Visit Ireland & Scotland
- Go back to Santorini
- Go and see another show in the West End
- Overcome my claustrophobia
- Come to peace with Benjamin’s birth
- Go self employed & earn money from my blog
- See the New Year in at Disneyland
- Find the confidence to go makeup free
- Improve my health and fitness, rejoin the gym/an exercise class
- Make a proper start on writing a book & have an article published in print
- Start a course to learn something new
- Drink more water & take care of my skin
- Switch off at night
- De-clutter and start a proper filing system
- Spend more time outside & go to the beach more often
- Take more time for me, spoil myself more
- See my friends more often & have friends over for dinner at ours
- Send letters to people
- Visit Amsterdam
- Learn another language
- Improve my cooking & try more food
- Improve my photography
- Keep something up for 30 days
- Start each day with positivity
- Go swimming regularly (and start the children on swimming lessons)
Do you have a 30 before 30 (or 40 before 40, 50 before 50)?