Beauty – My Everyday 5 Minute Makeup

I have never been confident enough to be one of those women who can go out and about without a scrap of makeup on. I know that really shows how insecure I am, but I’ve come to terms with it.

As I’m a mum of three, time is limited in the morning so I have a makeup bag filled with everyday essentials that can get me ready to face the day in under five minutes.

Estée Lauder – The Illuminator Primer

I start with a primer. Up until recently I was using a YSL one but my go to is now Estée Lauder’s The Illuminator. I tend to skip day cream as this is quite a creamy consistency on its own.

Rimmel – Wake Me Up Concealer

Next I use the wake me up concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes (thanks kids), and any red patches around my nose and to cover up any spots on my chin.

I have tried a few concealers before but love this one as it’s budget friendly, lasts ages and is the only product that’s come close to hiding the evidence of many a sleepless night.

Estée Lauder – Doublewear Foundation

It’s definitely not a purse friendly option, but ultimately Estée Lauder’s doublewear is the only foundation I have used that’s made me look awake without looking like I’m wearing a mask. At £32.50 a bottle, it’s not cheap but it is worth the cost in my opinion.

No7 – Airbrush Away Translucent Finishing Powder

I finish my base with a quick buff of translucent powder. Again, there’s cheaper options out there but this is the best powder I’ve used. It lasts and lasts as you only need to use a little, and the mirror is really handy for applying makeup on the go.

Max Factor – Miracle Touch Creamy Blush

I don’t feel human without a bit of colour in my cheeks. I hadn’t used a cream blusher since I was a teenager before trying this Max Factor one, but I love the nice bright flush of pink it gives my cheeks without being too much. You do need to blend it quite well though as sometimes it can look a bit harsh against my pale skin.

Natural Collection – Brow Pencil

For my brows, I am old school and use a pencil (I’m not even sure what half the eyebrow products out there are – a pomade? Such a bad beauty blogger). This natural collection pencil is really easy to use and gives a nice natural colour.

No7 – Stay Perfect Eye Shadow Palette in Nude

For my eyes, I used to avoid colour during the day, but I find it really opens my eyes up and makes me feel more confident so I’ve started using this No7 palette each morning. I love the medium brown shade followed by a tiny slick of the pale gold to add some shimmer.

Max Factor – Voluptuous False Lash Effect Mascara

I love this Max Factor mascara. It’s really easy to apply and helps to open up my eyes. The brush is really nice and thick, and I find it doesn’t take much to get my lashes looking nice and thick and fluttery.

Max Factor Lipstick / Rimmel Lipgloss

For my lips I slick on Max Factor’s Rosewood lipstick followed by the Rommel Oh My Gloss lipgloss in Stay my Rose. I love a nice pink lip and these products work really well together.

26 thoughts on “Beauty – My Everyday 5 Minute Makeup

1. Kirsty Dee

Your makeup looks lovely ♥

2. Emily Nellist

Lovely look Emma. I am so bad at remembering primer though, I’ve never noticed a huge difference when I do though, but maybe an illuminating one is the way to go for me.

3. ofbeautyand

Such a pretty everyday makeup look x

4. Emma Drury

Such a cute look, very simple and elegant!
    Emma | emmadrury.com

5. All about a Mummy

I don’t wear too much makeup during the week but i’ve got it down to a 2minite art! Bit of consealer, quick eyeshadow roll on, touch of mascara and a hint of blusher. Done! If i’m going out at the weekend it is another story! You look lovely.

6. blacktulipbeauty

Your makeup looks SO lush for such a quick look! I wish I could pull off lipgloss that well too, I just look like a 5 year old and my hair sticks to it every 5 minutes, haha! I really need to try double wear foundation, I’ve heard such amazing things about it!
    Alice Xx

1. evenangelsfall89

Ah thank you! I have that problem with lip gloss as well, this one isn’t too sticky though

7. Devon Mama

Love reading peoples tips for makeup as I’m rubbish at finding new brands, like the look of the no7 palate!

1. evenangelsfall89

It’s a really lovely palette – it’s available in one of their Christmas gift sets too – worth a buy! x

8. luxblush

Such a pretty makeup look, and I love your makeup bag too, it’s really cute xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

9. AutismMumma

Great products and you look fab! I’m on the way to HD brows and eyelash tint, without a scrap of eye makeup on, feeling a tad bare on the bus!!

1. evenangelsfall89

Ah, I’m sure the results will be worth it though! x

10. Gemma

I’ve just bought the wake me up concealer for the first time! Beautiful look x

1. evenangelsfall89

Ah I saw you had on your instastories – I love it x

11. Taylor Jane

This palette has the most gorgeous shades in, this is so me! <3

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

12. Joyce Ka Yan Lau (@joycekayanlau)

I wish i can do my makeup in 5 mins haha x

13. Cindy

Wow that foundation makes your skin look absolutely flawless!! Also that lip color is absolutely gorgeous on ya. It’s so great when you find products that work quickly.

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

14. charlotteannelane103

Your makeup looks lovely! I love the sound of the Estée Lauder Doublewear – my friend owns it and loves it as well, so I need to try it out xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

15. Tanita

I love easy simple make up looks. perfect for busy a busy mum like myself. You look beautiful and so natural too. xx