Contributed Collaborative Post
While we are stuck at home for an extended period of time, it is important for us to make the most of any opportunity to pamper and primp ourselves.
If you have been struggling to cope during lockdown or you simply want to treat yourself to an amazing pamper session this week, here are some ways for you to relax and create your own home spa evening.
Here are the things you can do to pamper yourself and feel fresh as ever during quarantine and beyond.
Set the mood
The first thing you should do when pampering yourself is set the mood. It is important when you set out for a pamper session to create a relaxing atmosphere to allow the body and mind to reset. Dim the lights, light a few scented candles, and grab yourself a glass of wine or Prosecco. Your bathroom and living room can become a paradise for relaxation during your pamper session to refresh and reset your body and soul.
Make your own remedies
When pampering at home during quarantine, you might find it hard to get hold of the in store remedies and treatments you need. But not to fret: these are some easy home remedies you can make:
- Face mask: mash an avocado, mix with yogurt and honey and apply to the face for 20 minutes.
- Eye mask: blend cucumber and aloe Vera, dip a cotton pad into it and apply under the eyes. You can also use cucumber slices over the eyes to avoid needing rimless glasses and keep eyes healthy
- Hair mask: use household oils such as coconut oil, argan oil, olive oil and caster oil and mix. Apply to the hair and leave for an hour.
Take it slow
A pamper session is all about slowing down and paying attention to your body. Run yourself a bath while you apply your hair and face mask and allow yourself to soak with a bath bomb for 30-40 minutes while you watch your favourite TV show. Enjoy the silence and take your time with every step.
Brighten the face
After a face mask there are a few steps you can do to keep the skin bright and healthy.
- Exfoliate- this is important to get rid of dead skin and prevent black heads
- Cleanse- clean the face and ensure all exfoliator is gone
- Tone- restore the pH of the skin and rid the face of bacteria
- Serum- brighten the skin and smooth pores
- Moisturiser- hydrate the skin and keep it youthful and healthy
Pamper your digits
As well as the hair and face and body, another part of the body to pamper is your nails. If you have been used to having acrylics on for a long time and now you cannot get to the salon, you can still create a cute manicure and pedicure at home. Start off by filing the nails and buffing them. Use an oil to moisturise the nails and cuticles. Choose your favourite colour or create a design on your nails. This can be cathartic and relaxing. Finish with a top coat and some more oil and enjoy happy hands and feet.
This is a contributed collaborative post